Password Verification Page: This page may be used to verify
that your password is correct for your Case Network ID.
CWRU Network ID (eg: abc123) and its associated password in the fields
below, then click the "Verify password" button. Your CWRU network ID and
password will be checked to verify that your password is correct for
that ID. Other useful information about your password and network
account also will be displayed on your screen, including:
- Password Verification Check
- This check will verify that your password is correct and if your
CWRU Network ID is active. If this check fails, you will be
notified exactly why it failed (for example, if the password was
not correct or the account has not been activated).
- Password "Goodness" Check
- This check will assess the strength of your password. If the
password is considered weak (easily "guessed" or decoded by password
cracking software) you will be notified exactly
why it is considered weak (for example, if your password is too
short, or uses a word found in the dictionary).
- Date and Time of Last Password Change
- This feature will allow you to view the date and time of your last
password change, along with the number of days elapsed since that
date. We recommend that users change their passwords at least every
- Security Question and Answer
- This feature will allow you to see if you have entered a security
question and answer yet. Your security question and answer replace
the use of your SSN and birth date as an alternate method of verifying
your identity when you "log in" to the password reset page. The
password reset page is for use in changing your password if you have
forgotten your old password.